Next Substitute Training Class
Date: Friday, August 10, 2018
Time: 8:30 am- 12:00 pm
Contact Tammi Griffin, Payette School District Office, 208-642-9366 to Register for the Class
PAYETTE SCHOOL DISTRICT SUBSTITUTE TEACHER TRAINING
Friday August 10, 2018 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
As part of our school-wide improvement process, we are pleased to announce a Substitute Teacher Training for all substitute teachers. We believe that this training will improve consistency within the district and provide answers to questions prior to entering the classroom. Mr. Lonnie Johnson will be facilitating this training. Topics covered in this training will include:
- Navigating substitute teacher folders and other effective resources.
- Knowing when and how to use skills of effective classroom and behavior management.
- Recognizing how to be a prepared, professional substitute teacher.
- Understanding legal issues that may apply to you.
- Understanding the importance of brief substitute reports and how to utilize them as an effective means of communication.
- Developing plans of action for filling time with instructionally sound activities.
- *NEW* Familiarization with our new online substitute placement software, “ReadySub”.
The Substitute Teacher Training is a requirement for substitute teachers new to the Payette School District and substitutes not familiar with “ReadySub”.
* * * * * *
To register, contact Tammi Griffin at the Payette School District Office at 208-642-9366
Application/paperwork packets will be available at the class. A background check through the State Department of Education must be submitted prior to employment. Two forms of identification will be required.
There is no cost for the substitute training class. The fee for the background check is $27.00, payable to: Idaho State Dept. of Ed. The fingerprinting for the background check is conducted at the District Office, by appointment only and is offered after completion of the substitute training class.