Payette School District Board of Trustees Mission Statement:
Mantra: Student Achievement
Mission Statement: “The Payette School Board of Trustees is committed to supporting continuous improvement leading to student achievement and student success.”
2018-2019 Board Goals:
1. Have student achievement be our top priority and focus
- Consistently use data to track student and school
- Learn what data is important to review and with what
- Review and understand data consistently as a Board so that improvement of the district is tracked and
- Input yearly data into Continuous Improvement Plan
- Make sure that administrative and teacher performance/evaluations are consistent with student achievement.
- Continue to discuss student achievement at every Board
- Continue to acknowledge outstanding student achievement/accomplishments.
- Continue to acknowledge outstanding teacher performance at Board meetings to recognize their efforts regarding student
2. Support A Collaborative District Environment and Positive School Climate
- Support efforts to improve communication between board, administration, school to school, teachers, parents and
- Support schools in their recruiting efforts to get more parents/community members interested and actively involved in our
- Support programs that enhance student morale, teacher morale, and community
- Support efforts to obtain student input regarding achievement and
3. Implement the Continuous Improvement/Strategic Plan
- Use the Strategic Plan and Continuous Improvement Plan as the guide to board decisions and district funding.
- Update and revise annually in accordance with Idaho
- Review district policies for consistency with strategic plan and board goals and update as needed.
- Budget according to long range facilities plan and voter approved facilities
4. Continue Board Training and Implement Training
- Formalize into policy or procedure a selection process for a new superintendent. Consider that it fully advertises and recruits nationally, includes and informs the community and stake holders, properly screens and interviews top candidates, and uses an outside resource such as the ISBA to assist if necessary.
- Formalize into policy or procedure a process for superintendent evaluations, and conduct superintendent evaluations that comply with Idaho
- Formalize into policy or procedure a process for appointing Trustees in empty zones that is consistent with Idaho code and is a transparent process that is used
- Utilize feedback and publish document for future program to orient new board members, continue to attend ISBA trainings, and conduct in house trainings specific to the role of school board trustees, including adherence to Idaho.
Adopted August 13, 2018
Which zone am I in?
In order for the above link to work, you must have Google Earth loaded on your computer. Google Earth is a “virtual earth imager” which allows you to view aerial imagery from all over the globe. It is a free download from Google and can be found here: www.google.com/earth/index.html
Board Meeting Notices and Agendas
Payette School District Board of Trustee Meetings are held on the second Monday of every month at 6:30 P.M. in the Galleon room of the Payette Alternative High School located on the Payette School District campus at 20 N. 12th Street. Agendas are posted at the Payette School District Office located at 20 N. 12th Street on the Friday before the Monday evening meeting or by clicking the link below.
Elisa Massoth-Gray, Finance Committe Chairman
Jessica Lowry, Finance Committee Member
Adam Rynearson, Lead Negotiator
Ethan Mittelstadt, Negotiator
Candita Strong, Alternate Negotiator
Strategic Planning Committee
Jessica Lowry, Strategic Planning Committee Chairman