Payette School District Board of Trustees Mission Statement:
“The Payette District School Board of Trustees is committed to supporting continuous improvement leading to student achievement and student success.”
2017-2018 Board Goals:
1. Have student achievement be our top priority and focus
- Consistently use data to track student and school improvement.
- Learn what data is important to review and with what frequency.
- Review and understand data consistently as a Board so that improvement of the district is tracked and measured.
- Input yearly data into Key Performance Indicator (KPI) chart.
- Make sure that administrative and teacher performance/evaluations are consistent with student achievement.
- Continue to discuss student achievement at every Board meeting.
- Continue to acknowledge outstanding student achievement/accomplishments.
- Continue to acknowledge outstanding teacher performance at Board meetings to recognize their efforts regarding student achievement.
2. Continue Board Training and Implement Training
- Create and follow a process for appointing Trustees in empty zones that is consistent with Idaho code and is a transparent process that is used consistently.
- Develop a program to orient new board members, and continue to attend ISBA trainings and conduct in house trainings specific to the role of school board trustees, including adherence to Idaho Code.
- Continue implantation of the superintendent evaluation process in compliance with Idaho Code.
3. Implement the Continuous Improvement/ Strategic Plan
- Use the Three Year Strategic Plan as the guide to board decisions and district funding.
- Update and revise annually in accordance with Idaho Code.
- Review district policies for consistency with strategic plan and board goals and update as needed.
- Develop a long range facilities plan and budget accordingly.
4. Support A Collaborative District Environment
- Support efforts to improve communication between board, administration, school to school, teachers, parents and community.
- Support schools in their recruiting efforts to get more parents/community members interested and actively involved in our schools.
- Support programs that enhance student morale, teacher morale, and community support.
- Support efforts to obtain student input regarding achievement and policies.
Which zone am I in?
In order for the above link to work, you must have Google Earth loaded on your computer. Google Earth is a “virtual earth imager” which allows you to view aerial imagery from all over the globe. It is a free download from Google and can be found here: www.google.com/earth/index.html
Board Meeting Notices and Agendas
Payette School District Board of Trustee Meetings are held on the second Monday of every month at 6:30 P.M. in the Galleon room of the Payette Alternative High School located on the Payette School District campus at 20 N. 12th Street. Agendas are posted at the Payette School District Office located at 20 N. 12th Street on the Friday before the Monday evening meeting or by clicking the link below.
Elisa Massoth-Gray, Finance Committe Chairman
Jessica Lowry, Finance Committee Member
Candita Strong, Lead Negotiator
Strategic Planning Committee
Jessica Lowry, Strategic Planning Committee Chairman